Tourist visits are received, with tasting of our wines. Tastings are also held for groups run by our oenologist.
Although the wine tradition dates back to 1,670, it is in the year 1825 that Ramón Suárez and his wife María Aguilar inherited some vineyards in the town of Cútar, located in the Axarquía of Málaga, dedicated to the cultivation of the vine, wine making and Raisin farming. In 1870 Ramón Suárez made a will in favor of his brothers, leaving his nephew, Francisco Suárez Pineda, his foreman at that time, the vineyards, paseros and the winery. In 1878, when the disease of the “Filoxera” vineyard extends throughout the Axarquía, he moves with his family to the Valle de las Viñas de Miraflores del Palo, in Malaga capital. This is where it also moves the wine and food business, located in Calle del Mar, in the farm known as “La Huertecilla”, founding in 1880 the well-known Bodegas Quitapenas.